All small and marginal farmers in India are eligible to receive a minimum income assistance of Rs 6,000 per year under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana (PM-Kisa Yojana), which is a program run by the Indian government. This 75,000 crore scheme will provide assistance to more than 125 million farmers across the country of India.
The Prime Minister’s Kisan Yojana was officially put into action as of the 1st of December, 2018. The administration of Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave it its official start-up ceremony. Farmers in India who are eligible for income support under the PM Kisan Yojana will get three payments of 2,000 rupees each every four months, for a total of 6,000 rupees per year. The concept of a family in this plan includes both the husband and wife as well as any children who are still living at home. The value of 2,000 rupees is instantly transferred by wire transfer to the bank accounts of the farmers or the farmers’ relatives.
Who can participate in the PM Kisan program?
- Families of landholder farmers with cultivable land holdings may apply for this program.
- Urban and rural farmers alike are involved in this industry.
- These are the families of small or marginal farmers
PM Kisan’s scheme does not apply to the following individuals.
- Institutional landowners
- Officers and workers of state and federal government, public sector undertakings, and government autonomous entities, whether active or retired.
- Higher-income recipients are not eligible for benefits.
- All taxpaying citizens
- Members of rural communities possess constitutionally mandated positions of authority
- Doctors, engineers, and lawyers are examples of professionals.
- retirees receiving a pension of more than Rs 10,000 every month
Registration for the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi can be done here in the given details
Local revenue officers (patwaris) and nodal officers are the appropriate channels for farmers to use (nominated by the state government)
CSCs have also been given permission to register farmers for the Scheme, in exchange for a fee.
Farmers’ corner is the name of a part on the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana website, which is the official website for the program. The section of the portal labeled “Farmers Corner” is the location where farmers can register to take part in the program. They are able to check the status of their payment and make changes to their name through the PM-Kisan database.
Documents required to register under PM-Kisan Yojana
- Aadhaar is mandatory.
- Apart from Aadhaar, citizenship certificate, landholding papers and bank account details have to be submitted to the concerned authorities.