There are numerous credit card options for international travel on the market. Every card provides a unique benefit. Compare your possibilities before acquiring a credit card for yourself. Pick a card that best satisfies your needs. They must support you in the activities you intend to engage in. Check the card’s acceptance in the country you’re visiting as well as the transaction and late payment fees, rewards and discounts.
Which credit card is best for international travels?
Earning American Express Membership Rewards points is simple with the Platinum Cardnfrom American Express. These points can be transferred to Amex airline and hotel partners like Virgin Atlantic, Delta SkyMiles, and Hilton Honors or used for statement credits, gift cards, merchandise, travel booked through the American Express Travel portal, and more. The first-year and ongoing benefits can more than make up for the $695 yearly cost, which is applicable.
After spending $6,000 in the first six months after opening your account, you can receive 100,000 Membership Rewards points as a welcome bonus. Additionally, you can earn 5X points when you book prepaid hotels with American Express Travel and receive 5X points when you book flights directly with airlines or with American Express Travel (up to $500,000 annually).
What are the pros of using this card?
- Absence of foreign transaction fees
- Can transfer points to partners with Amex for travel and lodging
- The ability to use the Global Lounge collection (which includes Priority Pass and Centurion lounges)
- Automatic Gold status with Marriott Bonvoy and Hilton Honors (enrollment required)
- Excellent travel insurance, including trip delay and trip interruption coverage
- $100 in credit for TSA PreCheck or Global Entry
- Credit for Clear membership of up to $189
- Up to $200 in airline incidental fee credits
- For certain prepaid hotel reservations made using American Express, receive credits of up to $200. Travel
- Up to $200 in annual Uber Cash
What are the cons of this card?
- A $695 annual charge.
- For many cardholders, some of the card’s credits might not be beneficial.
Conclusion: for different people different types of credit cards must be useful, for most people American express credit cards are overall beneficial. To conclude, make sure you are aware of the benefits that come with having a credit card, such as those that will help you when you travel abroad, such as no foreign transaction fees, trip cancellation/interruption insurance, credits for TSA PreCheck or Global Entry, access to airport lounges, and more.